Author: raffaele

Jobs in Germany

Section 18c of the Aufenthaltsgesetz Residence Act in Germany allows academics to live in Germany while looking for employment. This is a recent addition to legislation, implemented in August 2012.

In order to be classed as an ‘academic’, the applicant must provide evidence of an academic background, i.e. certificates of a degree or similar qualification, and enough funds to finance your livelihood for the next 6 months.

This permit does not work in conjunction with any other permit. It is designed to encourage qualified persons into Germany and so is available for those individuals that already have a residence of work permit in the country. You must enter the country with the correct permit and stay with the parameters of this.

If you are looking for employment in Germany and would like further information, please visit the LG2G Legal Guide to Germany page on searching for a job in Germany;